Riverboats is a Sure Start Children’s Centre
It is managed under the direction of the school and we work with the health visitors, midwives and the National Childbirth Trust to support the services we can offer to families with young children.
Aims of the Children’s Centre.
To deliver the DfE core purpose to reduce inequalities in child development and school readiness supported by improved:
- Parenting aspirations, self-esteem and parenting skills
- Child and family health and life chances
This can be achieved by:
- Enabling parents and carers to support the physical, intellectual and social development needs of children under five so that the children will flourish
- Providing support for parents, carers and children by working with early education, health and family support services
- Providing services that respond to the needs of the parents, carers and children in our local area.
- All parents, carers and children are welcomed
- Professionals, parents, carers and children show mutual respect for one another
- Services will be provided that strive to meet the actual needs of parents, carers and children
The premises are also available to our families or organisations that support the ethos for lettings. Further information is available from the school office.
For Information on how to contact us see below:
Upton Upon Severn CofE (VC) Primary and Pre-School
Phone: 01684 592259 (8.30am to 1.00pm and 1.30pm to 3.30pm)
Please contact the school office if you would like paper copies of any of the information on our website and these will be provided to you free of charge.