Riverboats is a Sure Start Children’s Centre
It is managed under the direction of the school and we work with the health visitors, midwives and the National Childbirth Trust to support the services we can offer to families with young children.
Aims of the Children’s Centre.
To deliver the DfE core purpose to reduce inequalities in child development and school readiness supported by improved:
- Parenting aspirations, self-esteem and parenting skills
- Child and family health and life chances
This can be achieved by:
- Enabling parents and carers to support the physical, intellectual and social development needs of children under five so that the children will flourish
- Providing support for parents, carers and children by working with early education, health and family support services
- Providing services that respond to the needs of the parents, carers and children in our local area.
- All parents, carers and children are welcomed
- Professionals, parents, carers and children show mutual respect for one another
- Services will be provided that strive to meet the actual needs of parents, carers and children
30 Hours Funding
At Upton-upon-Severn pre-school we provide for the needs of both 2year old and 3-4 year old funded children.
We also cater for both stretched and term time only funding requirements; we are flexible about how you would like to use these hours.
In addition to taking up your child’s funding entitlement within pre-school, the funding can also be used for breakfast club from 7.30am and ‘The Moorings’ after school club until 6pm.
You can also use your funding for holiday club if you wish.
All our ‘wrap around care’ is ran by a highly qualified and caring team of staff, who offer children a wide variety of activities and experiences. These include: forest school, baking, art and craft and special trips out.
On joining pre-school we can discuss your needs and entitlements in order to support you to make the best decision in how you would like your child’s funding to be used.
The premises are also available to our families or organisations that support the ethos for lettings. Further information is available from the school office.
For Information on how to contact us see below:
Upton Upon Severn CofE (VC) Primary and Pre-School
Phone: 01684 592259